Sturbridge Rotary Club has been awarding scholarships each year to local students for the past 44 years. This year scholarships of $1,200 each were awarded to five students from Tantasqua Regional High School. The money will be given after successful completion of their first semester of college. Cumulatively, the amount of scholarships given is over $195,000. In addition, a $500 award was presented in memory of the husband of a Sturbridge Rotarian.
The recipients (left to right) are:
- Emma Stanley from Brimfield will attend UMass Amherst. Emma received the Wendell Wright Memorial Educational Award.
The following received Sturbridge Rotary Scholarship Awards:
- Maxwell Cooney from Sturbridge will attend UMass Boston.
- Bennet Farrell from Sturbridge will attend UMass Amherst.
- Adam Phillips from Brookfield will attend Anna Maria College.
- Noah Scott from Brimfield plans to attend Georgetown University, pending acceptance.
- Camier Hall from Fiskdale will attend Union College. Unfortunately, Camier was unable to attend the Club’s Scholarship Recognition Night.
Our congratulations and best wishes to all scholars as they pursue their career goals.